Thursday, June 4, 2009

Early June

I am so frustrated thus afternoon. For 2 hours, I have been trying to upload some photos onto Facebook. Couldn't do it alone, so I enlisted Jaden's help (he's 11 yrs.old). We still couldn't do it, so I am blaming the failure on VISTA. What a challenge that Operating System is! After hearing on the TV news that Windows is going to launch a new system in the fall (too many complaints about VISTA) I almost want to cry. Will it be easier or harder? Shall I invest any more of my time in trying to learn the present OS, or just give up, stumble thru my email and an occasional online purchase, and then grab a comforting book.

I have been crocheting for months (one half inch takes one hour and a half, and my arthritis limits me to crocheting about an hour at a time) on a pink blanket which I started before I made Sara's white blanket. (Kate was born on Feb.18th). I have the pink blanket done now to the point of adding a wide, fancy border. But I am using a border pattern designed for a different crocheted 'body'. Hope I can do it. We are expecting 3 great-grandboys this summer, and I have three 'boy' blankets ready (2 are blue and 1 is yellow). I haven't heard whether Shannon is having a boy or a girl, though. I may need to make another blanket before the fall.

I have procrastinated starting that border because I am a little unsure about it. I guess that is why I have been fooling around with Facebook. I must get at it, though, or the blanket will never get done - and it really is beautiful so far.

I guess that being old makes procrastination an easy way out. But somehow, in the back of my head, there is a niggling little voice that says,"You don't have 20 years to do this, you know,
so get at it." I will. Really I will.

2 comments:

Callison Clan said...

Grandma you are hilarious!! I am the queen of procrastination. I always wait till the last minute to do anything, and then panic mode sets in and I get it done. I know it is not the best way to do things but I work better under pressure. Right now I should be peeling vinyl for an order that is due in the morning and here I am reading blogs!!

Lois Thomas said...

Glad to know that somebody reads this stuff. Your Aunt Beverly says that she works better under pressure, too!